Why doesn’t Destiny support gyro aim? (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, November 21, 2019, 14:45 (1589 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

2/3 of Destiny’s platforms support it.

And yet Bungie still doesn't want to piss off 1/3 of their platform base if they don't need to :D

How would it piss them off? There is no cross play.

If they were forced to use it and they didn't want to?

I honestly think people haven’t given it a fair try given the baggage surrounding motion controls in the past. We are beyond the stupid broad gestures and waggle. I myself, who was a skeptic, think I actually improve when using it.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I have not used gyro aim (as far as I know) and assume that it is better by an undefined amount. However, even if the majority of people like it more, it doesn't mean the effort is worth it to support the device for the margin that gyro aim is better. I mean, they wouldn't probably have to create a third build specifically to make Destiny work well with it. I mean, they had to change things for PC. Unless they wanted to give Console players the PC build and the Console build based on what controller they have plugged in.

Gyro aim is enabled in many steam games mostly by fan configurations. It clearly is not hard to implement.

You obviously aren't a software engineer :D I make this as joke, but in all honestly, no piece of software is "clearly not hard to implement"

See https://xkcd.com/1425/

But my point was that the interface device, controller vs mouse and keyboard, can change how we play the game to a point where the game literally has to be changed. That is why we have a PC build of the game and a console build. If you added another input device that the build of the game is different than the console one, then you would have two systems on the same console and thus a REALLY big sized game.

Don't think that's how that works. The code for dealing with an input device wouldn't be significant in size.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread