Why doesn’t Destiny support gyro aim? (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, November 22, 2019, 18:40 (1614 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I did not know the controller was officially supported by Bungie. Does that mean that the game switches to the controller version of the game when you use that input? Mean, does it lower recoil of weapons and all that jazz when you are using the controller? If so, great. I'm still going to point back to my earlier point that where it's a lot of work to add another input device because they have to figure out what works best for that input device in the context of the game. Just like they did with PC and the mouse and keyboard. Would it be worth the effort? Maybe? But my bet is that it wouldn't be for Bungie.

It does support the controller officially, but it still feels different than on console. Both FOV and FPS are coded into how the weapon feels. Bungie definitely puts a lot of effort into how each input method feels.

Maybe they think the effort for a marginalized input method isn't worth it. Maybe they do and are secretly toying it around in skunkwork builds. We don't know. It's ok to hypothesize and stuff, but I think it borders on rudeness to assume "it's easy-peasy, Bungie is being sleazy".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread