Sorry, but I'm still on the fence.

by Injunfett, Monday, February 18, 2013, 11:33 (4075 days ago)

First of let me say that I have been a follower and fan of Bungie since I played Myth I love the studio and I love their games.

With what we have seen about the game so far I am just not sold. Yes I love the story and I think the game has potential but I just don’t know enough about the game right now to make a firm decision, and the release has just left me with even more questions then we have the answers to.

All the info that came out from the event is pretty much what we have already learned through leaks. We have been shown mostly concept art and some quick gameplay and to be honest it looks a lot like Halo with some Mass Effect mixed in.

My biggest issue so far is the MMO side of things, while its already been said “It’s not really a MMO just shares aspects of a MMO” I’m not a fan of MMO’s I have tried to play them but they are boring to me and most of the time turn into nothing but a grind fest.

I play games for a great solo player experience and competitive multiplayer and when start talking loot drops, crafting, and other in game features that allow customization all I can think of is grinding and I hate grinding. I don’t want to have to spend tons of hours collecting resources and crunching numbers to insure that I have the top gear when I compete online.

Call of Duty introduced the leveling system in multiplayer and while it has been a hit amongst most gamers I have not been a fan. I like picking up a game logging on and being on a level playing field with the rest of the people playing a game, not at a dis-advantage because I did not put in the hours on a dungeon, raid, or resource gathering to get that super cool custom gun and custom armor that kills twice as fast and keeps me alive twice as long.

I’m also not very social I have a select few I play games with online and that’s it I have no interested in text alerts or other social features in the game to get me addicted to the game. I mean I have been a member of HBO for years now I check daily read the forums but I never interact that much because like I said I’m not a very social person so social features in a game are not a selling point for me.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not saying I hate this game or that I won’t buy it because we don’t really know much about it. What I am saying is that with what has been announced and teased nothing has really peaked my interests.

I play games that have great game play and are enjoyable. I don’t want gimmicks, tricks, or other features that are developed to encourage you to grind to be on a level playing field. I’m ready for the next evolution of the FPS genre to get away from the Call of Duty Complex that is taking over the FPS Genre though and if Bungie thinks that this is the next step I’m listing and watching but I’m not sold yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread