Sorry, but I'm still on the fence.

by Injunfett, Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:17 (4078 days ago) @ Stephen

I have played a bunch of MMO's STO, SWTOR, HGL, WOW, FireFall, off the top of my head. I liked SWTOR It's one of my favorites.

I however did not to get to take part of anything other then the Story Quest. When I started reaching higher levels I could not do any more flash points because I did not have any PVE gear so I would get destroyed. This happen due to the large fact that I played mostly PVP while leveling up.

End Game has always been the major issue. In SWTOR Once the story is over and the quest are done you have nothing to do but Grind Flash points for better Gear or Grind PVP for commendations for PVP gear. (Now that might have changed it has been awhile since I play) Then once you grind to the end and get your top gear you are left to do the same pvp matches, and flash points you just grinded for hours again with the new gear or wait for new content or purchase the expansion packs to repeat the steps all over again.

Yeah I am sure Bungie knows this and has something planned out that separates Destiny from MMO's hence why they are so hesitant to call the game a MMO. My point is we have no clue at this moment what that is.

From this press release I have gotten no solid facts about what to expect, or why I would actually want to play this game other then I like the back story and the art work looks stellar. I'm interested but still on the fence if that makes sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread