Wow, Let's Beat That Dead Horse. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:05 (1595 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As for solo play . . . is this still really an issue? I don’t feel like even Bungie is pretending you can play this game alone like they used to do.

Yeah, if we were talking about ways that Bungie might make it easier to link up with other players, I'm all ears. But solutions do exist, they work, and they're easy to use. My real-life situation makes it almost impossible for me to schedule Destiny stuff with friends ahead of time. I just jump on and play when I can, until Jr wakes up and I suddenly need to bail. I still manage to run the raid and dungeon 3 times per week, do all my 980 nightfalls and master nightmare hunts, etc. If none of my friends are available when I am, I just find other people. I use the Xbox LFG app almost daily, plus there's R/Fireteams, the Bungie app, Discord... plenty of options.

I hammer this point home only to encourage anyone who's feeling a bit left out of certain group activities in Destiny. It really is easy find people to play with. You just need to be a little pro-active about it, and ok with the fact that you're not going to click with every single group you join.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread