[Tangent] Your health (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 19, 2019, 19:38 (1587 days ago) @ ZackDark

Ugggghh....sorry I was gone so long, had to go to the hospital again.

Sorry, man. How are you holding up? I remember you had a lot of rough patches over the years, regarding your health.

Feel free to tell me to piss off if you're not comfortable sharing, btw.

Worse.

During the Fall, I worked up a pattern of some consistency to help with my heart health—I started walking a mile or so in the morning, fell in love with Babish, and started making more conscious decisions in my eating and drinking habits. Obviously, resolves still wavered—I still went to the soda machine on the occasions I went out, but I would at least turn to Sprite Zero, or something non-carbonated instead of just whatever I liked. Things were slimming down a little, and while it was not very perfect, I was at least making a damn effort. Things were pretty good up until the day Shadowkeep came out. It was around that time that I got sick again--as you probably know, as you take drugs, your system grows and gets used to its effects. It turns out my body had built up a resistance to the medications that were helping said body. I was prescribed new medications to help out(and it did), but when I ran out, I couldn't get any refills. Then my PCP left the discount clinic that I go to, and they told me I couldn't see a new doctor for a very long time, leaving me stuck between a rock and a hard place. Oversimplifyingly, my most recent non-insured hospital admission was because I ran out of meds!

Oh, and something something quarter-million dollar mark.

But thank you for asking, I do appreciate the concern and everything. It does help to have an outlet to discuss it and get some of this weight off my chest. Things are so difficult right now. Having to put such a hard limit on how much you want to eat, having to pick out stuff you know you're not gonna like, following such a ridiculous circus act with just trying to get the medications you need...not to mention the effects. I'm massivelysore...of course you're going to be aching after a workout or something--I'm hurt like ALL the time. When I urinate, the stench of that fluid is so unspeakable I nearly pass out. Not to mention the disturbing Breaking Bad color. (sorry for putting that image in your heads) And my vision focus fluctuates...Don't be alarmed, I'm not going blind or anything(at least not yet!)--but looking at stuff like iPhone text or distant words really varies from time to time and day to day. Sometimes I can see it normally, sometimes I have to focus my eyes back and forth, and sometimes it's just a blur. I have glasses to try and bridge the connection, but again, its assistance varies.

I honestly have no idea how I'm going to pay for the mountain of charges I've left behind me...but on the plus side, open enrollment finally shone a small sliver. After literally days of phone football and explaining my financial and health situation to stunned silence, one insurance company(which, believe me, I had to look up to make sure it was real) actually accepted me, and put me on a plan, insuring me for the first time in almost five years! So come January, hopefully and pleadingly, somethings will brighten up and life will get better...

Let's play some raids.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread