Wow, Let's Beat That Dead Horse. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:18 (1591 days ago) @ Harmanimus
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:34

That’s operating on the assumption that those folks are looking for/playing the game the same way you do. There are lots of things one can do while never touching a fireteam. Even some end game activities, not that they actually matter in the current state of Destiny.

High level Nightfalls, Raids, and Heroic story missions are the only things you can even load into solo. Everything else will throw you into matchmaking. You can play “alone”, insofar as not being in fireteam, but you cannot truly play the game solo. It’s pretty clear Bungie doesn’t want to entertain letting you play completely solo.

I’m not operating under the assumption that no one wants to play the game solo. I am operating under the assumption that the game is clearly not designed to be played solo, so the fact that the game doesn’t have enough to do solo (or is otherwise not geared toward solo play) is not really a legitimate complaint. I think it absolutely was a legitimate complaint in the D1 era, when they straight up said you could just play the game alone. Maybe even in early D2. But it’s been five years now, we all know what type of game it is. Getting mad that Bungie has the audacity to show players that the activity being launched has space for five friends might actually be the silliest complaint I’ve ever seen about the game, and I browse the subreddit nearly every day.

FWIW, I thought the original post was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but this thread sort of escalated into the theoretical beyond that. I have no clue how Morpheus engages with Destiny or if he really expects to be able to just completely solo the game or not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread