+1000 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:44 (1567 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I didn't participate, I just watched... but it gave me warm fuzzies to see people coming together to make cool tools to solve this puzzle.

The reward is almost irrelevant; it was the journey that was so amazing.

I felt the journey was wholly uninteresting. Spreadsheets, waiting for players to submit random combinations, and walking into rooms over and over and over and over? I clocked out of even caring about the possible reward almost immediately. I’m kind of glad the reward was as weak as it is, as well. Validated me not even getting invested in the “event”.

Even some major streamers who do care about this (Gothalion), haven’t taken too well to how niche the event was, as it seems to have specifically been made to drag for streamer culture’s sake.

I feel for Bungie, who was desperately trying to temper expectations and slow enthusiastic players down the whole time, buuuuuut they kind of did this to themselves yet again.

Anyway, the solution is up for anyone who wants to start churning the steps for Bastion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread