Corridors of Time Quest has been solved! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:08 (1567 days ago) @ FyreWulff

People seem real mad about this, but I enjoyed the entire process and have no issues with the reward. Not sure what the hubbub is all about tbh, and I'm hardly one of Bungie's staunchest defenders.

Cool puzzle Bongle, I enjoyed it at least.

Yeah. I'm not getting the ire from the subreddit on this one. It was a cool puzzle and Bungie obviously tried to manage expectations and set up a fail-safe two week time limit if people couldn't figure out the puzzle. It's near impossible to calibrate how fast or slow a community will solve a puzzle in a game where people can solo a raid and other people can't even finish a public event with a full fireteam. They even outright said that it wasn't a sprint, and that there would be no world first attached to it; they tried to get people to pace themselves.

If they had not announced Bastion beforehand, but then announced after the puzzle solve that it was going to be available on Saint after a reset, then people would have complained they were giving the weapon away for 'free' without having to do the puzzle.

If they had let the solve happen but we had to wait until the 28th for the quest to actually start, then they would have been criticized for timegating (heh) the weapon.

I'm not really sure what they're supposed to do here. I missed when the overall Bungie community that had fun with stuff like I Love Bees and later ARGs even with their imperfections, now it's all a cynicism contest and a race to datamine spoilers :(

Some people dig popping other people's balloons. I went into it not knowing anything about it, and wasted some time before I realized this was truly an infinite forest. Not as cool as the Siva Engine puzzle, but cool nonetheless.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread