Again, it is the legend (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, July 10, 2020, 14:01 (1378 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I agree with all this. I just didn't agree with the statement I replied to. I will say that there is a certain level of urgency when bugs like this do come up where it could have been that maybe people were easily farming 100 golf balls. They don't really know that until it's too late. And they aren't going to take them back after the fact.

Yeah... I can see the attitude of 'better safe than sorry' directing the quick switch. The thing is, doing the math took me, what... 2 minutes? And they swapped out the NF a full day after it was found to be bugged. I understand not wanting to shoot from the hip - but I think that should apply to both sides of this sort of equation. (Don't reflexively remove something that's only there as a bug without at least ballparking what the downside might be, is all I'm saying.)

And optics matter. CougRon is right, whether this is justifiable or not, it fits into a long pattern of "we are SUPER-FAST at fixing bugs that benefit the player, and not nearly so fast at ones that penalize the player." You can argue that there are good reasons for that, but at the end of the day... sometimes it's worth it to take the hit just to make the optics better.

::shrug::

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread