Halo MP Is now Free to Play (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 03, 2020, 20:35 (1358 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah and I would suspect it’s a smaller problem now than it was when I read about it 5-6 years ago. But it probably also varies from console to console. The PS3, for example, was famous for having all this untapped horsepower due to bandwidth bottleneck constraints. The individual components under the hood could process information faster than they could share that data with each other. That’s not the exact same thing as I was referring to above, but it might be related. I’d need to check with someone who knows what they’re talking about, lol.

Well, there is a certain amount of 'overhead' when you are dealing with multiprocessor / multicore systems, which amounts to synchronizing all the threads that are being executed simultaneously (and often out of order!). Perhaps this is what you are referring to. It's actually an issue when it comes to software design when things are multithreaded.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread