really? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 09, 2021, 11:47 (1134 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like to think you and I have pretty healthy discussions, but it is comments like this that remind me why so many others just don't even look at your messages.

Honestly I regretted that joke 61 minutes after I posted it and could no longer delete lol

We've all been there.

But honestly I was wondering about this the other day, and I think it's just so random as to what games get massive traction that even if you made a great game it could still be tough.

And it's very hard to make great games.

Part of me thinks Highwire went the right road by shooting for the moon with Golem which was unlike what was out there. Like even if V1 nailed this, it could have easily been just another shooter lost in the weeds.

Making a new studio is just simply a huge gamble.

The part that REALLY confuses me is how the aiming and look controls were so bad, given you had people who worked on Halo - a game which perfected looking around with sticks…

I'm so sad to say I agree (sad because I REALLY wanted to like the game). Five minutes into the demo I knew it wasn't for me. I appreciated that there was a demo--that's a great way to sell a game. I wanted it to be one of those demos I couldn't put down.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread