I miss... this. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 27, 2021, 17:04 (1096 days ago) @ CyberKN

It absolutely is the people.

And fwiw, I feel very similar to you.

Heck, I don't play Destiny anymore (or plan to any time soon) but I do still lurk and occasionally post here from time to time. I still recognize most of the names here (and hope they recognize me too!)

There were a lot of things I liked about the game (still have some cosplay and prop stuff to make from it!) but ultimately not enough to keep me playing the way I want. That is totally ok. Halo kinda cooled off for me too.

I'm in my early\mid thirties now. I don't have the free time I did in my late teens and mid twenties. In an alternate universe Destiny could have been the formative game of my youth.

I took a look at my xbox friends list recently and I know I'm not alone when I see pretty much the majority of people are streaming netflix rather than playing something lol.

That said, things come and go in cycles. My career is in a great place. I can work anywhere I want now. Got a house. There's a new Halo around the corner. I can throw LAN parties again (and I will!). Guess where I'm gonna post to invite people when I'm ready for that?

Right here ;)

I dunno where you are these days, but one thing I've personally done is made an effort to stay plugged into this community and I'm really happy (truly) that I've been able to maintain those connections. I see some of these folks at least once a year and I think that is pretty amazing. Even this year I was able to see friends.

While gaming probably won't consume my life like it did for a period there, I'm very much looking forward to having quality experiences over quantity. It's as good once as it ever was.

(The internet I grew up with simply doesn't exist anymore. What Claude cultivated with HBO and beyond is just beautiful and very, very special, and will keep my coming back)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread