What a blatant scam to push people into going paid account (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 08, 2021, 09:58 (903 days ago) @ Claude Errera

and a spit in the face to people that buy into this game.

I have never understood this attitude.

Forsaken was released a little over 3 years ago. When they vault it, it'll have had 41 months of total life. If you didn't buy it, you could play it in its entirety for 3 of those months.

How is that a spit in the face to ANYONE? What do I lose by having friends (who didn't think it was worth the $50) get it for free and be able to play with me for 3 months? I thought it was worth the $50, I bought it. I played it for a long time. Letting someone else have access for free for a short window doesn't hurt me AT ALL.

(And in this particular case, if you love what you see, paying extra to play it longer isn't even an option - they're vaulting it. So the whole 'pushing people into going paid account' doesn't even make sense in this case.)

I still hate the idea of vaulting, but they've always billed Destiny as a living world, and buying it at all implies an acceptance of the fact that the content in the game at the time of purchase will not remain static.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread