Si (Spoiled as Fuck!) (Off-Topic)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, November 18, 2013, 06:53 (3784 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It really didn't take a lot for me to enjoy, just watching the interaction of characters I fell in love with in season 1 does a lot for me.

So, here's the breakdown otherwise.

Good:

-Varrik, I fucking loved Varrik. Such a simple comedic character. He brought some comedy to a dark, dramatic season. Anytime he did something or said something, I was so happy.

-All the normal goods, the fight choreography, humor, pacing, animation.

-Avatar origin story, probably the most ballin' two episodes and let the first half of the season have a mystery about it before delving into the meat of it.

-Potential of the Dark Avatar, I think it could've been better elaborated on, but this isn't out for the future. Definitely has a jedi-sith thing going on.

-Bolin. My boy Bolin finally making moves and being a badass. Makes me tear up almost.

Bad:

-Totally phoning in Jinora's spirit connection. She made up for it in spades, but it seemed so sudden other than seeing a wood carving earlier, which didn't tell me she had specific connections to spirits anyway. This is a problem of having such a shirt season.

-Spirit Kaiju battle. As much as I liked it on a level, I thought the idea of giant evil Unalok fighting giant spirit Korra was a bit ridiculous.

-Wasted Potential of Dark Avatar. This can still be used later to introduce a real threat, but Unalok never learned the 4 elements, or obtained the potential. He did fuse with Vaatu, and he was disintegrated, but I'm not sure that eliminates the possibility of a dark avatar cycle from beginning, but as far as I know, this would limit it to water specifically.

-Mako. He was such a dumbass this season. He was right, but still a dumbass about any cues Varrick gave him about protecting loved ones. I didn't get the idea he was resisting evil, I thought he legitimately had no idea what he meant when he said, "You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Bolin or Asami, would you?" And don't get me started on his idea of being emotionally committed to someone. Lord, he was quite the whorish man.

But with all that, I still loved it. It's a fantastic series that should be taught in schools and forced on the unwilling. We will reach synchronization.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread