Beautiful *Kinda SP but not really* (Off-Topic)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 22:11 (3810 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Happy endings are boring and Spirits did not dissapoint for one second. New additions to the cast for this season were incredibly and I'd enjoy any setting the writers put them in. Nobody seems to be made an unnecessary weight in this struggle. Asami and Mako did appear to be sidelined this season, no doubt to boost Bolin's newfound talents and Varrik's shenanigans. Mako's adept detective skills are shadowed by relationship issues, which in the end nobody really cared about. Asami takes an even bigger hit and is essentially reduced to a failed businesswoman with nothing else to offer the story, save for her rekindling with Mako that doesn't pan out much this season.

Did I mention that this show is abso-fucking-lutely gorgeous yet? Because it is. I'd be hard pressed to find a single frame from beginning to end that doesn't have its own unique charm. Seeing the different style presented for Avatar Wan's origin story was pretty cool. Oh, and cue the awhs for baby Korra. What an adorable little munchkin!

Ugh I must sound like such a terrible fangirl. Oh well. I highly recommend you guys marathon this series over Thanksgiving or holiday break in the coming month. You will not come away without smiles, laughs, tears, and a lust for Korra's fashion sense. Damn that Water Tribe get-up is sexy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread