Well, yeh? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 11, 2022, 17:28 (776 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I only hope that if you ever make anything as amazing and influential as the Halo soundtrack, only to see it popping up in a TV series 20 years later without getting paid or even credited, you don’t have people calling you a narcissistic boomer when you take it to court ;)

I mean, I'm probably the worst person to ask when it comes to commercializing/monetizing anything I make or create... I mean, Sammy literally woke me up some time ago to do a several-hour-long Quinceañera photoshoot for a complete stranger (one of her sister's church friends or something, I didn't ask, but Sammy's sister knows that I'm big on photography/editing). Quinceañera photoshoots, no joke, can run people well into the hundreds, and not only did I not charge anything, I offered to go up to another city to take pictures when the flowers start blooming later this year, because I know how important this event is for the kids, and I guess I just can't put greedy capitalism ahead of people.

Maybe I just have too much artistic integrity or something, and don't want to do something as scummy as trying to milk my passions for money, especially if I already got my check in the mail. But hey, everyone's got different standards, lol. :P

Irony, lol

But no, Marty's general narcissism comes from pretty much anytime he opens his mouth and whines about how he himself saved gaming, the economy, and all of the innocents in Fallujah. That's what I want us to be able to move past (and thankfully, less than one percent of his YT followers even listened to part one of his I'm The Real Victim Here podcast, so the stench only really seems to hit our corner of the community through his legal woes as opposed to any real following he has).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread