So.....This Is Bad News, Right? (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 14, 2022, 10:09 (774 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

I just gotta say:

Mike feels disrespected.

I’d love to sit down over a beer with some of you here and look you in the eye - face to face.

Perhaps no longer being anonymous would temper some of the vitriol I see here against me.

I would calmly tell you our side of the story and put some of the misconceptions to rest.

Ignorance is never a good look for anyone.

- Marty

Well said. May the whole of true objective truth prevail.

It is a shame you felt a need to make this post. These absolutes some of us cleave our fingers into, yes? Even then, there is always some exception.

Folks, it is possible to support an artist-or, not even so narrow... a persons work, with out supporting their full views built from their life experiences. Life is not some zero sum game, though we collectively sure do like to pretend enough don't we?

It is a shame that the style of thinking often seen on the net, the scorched earth, the hyperbole, has grown so real into the world... as the problem with scorched earth is that folks often end up burning themselves in the process. Often without even feeling it, which is the scary part frankly. Or maybe that's wrong, and that thinking has always been there and the net is the lens to such apocryphal thought.

In any event, it is a shame you felt a need to make this post. Don't feed the trolls Marty. Internet 101. But hey, since you made the offer, provided its done safely I might take that offer.

You're buying. ;D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread