Think you're completely missing/misinterpreting the point. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 12, 2022, 07:15 (805 days ago) @ Quirel
edited by Korny, Saturday, February 12, 2022, 07:25

I never said anybody should do stuff for free.

To go back to Cody's example, how would history look back on Michelangelo if ten years after painting the Sistine, he spent another ten years standing outside of it yelling that he wanted to be paid more because he had used some of his own sketches as reference for the work he was commissioned to do, and demanding that the church paint over his work so that no person could see it otherwise if they didn't pay for every person that came in and looked up.

That said, Work for hire is one of those things that can feel crummy, and I do think that in itself is what companies use to make artists feel taken advantage of, but hey. If you got your check, can you really run around crying about it? Marty's just lucky that the terms of that specific contract had some weird and unclear language, so he and Salvatori might be looking at a loophole that can get them paid, but man. I just have no respect left for the guy at all if this is all it's coming down to.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread