Okay, for real, Marty, what is going on with you? (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 14, 2022, 16:31 (684 days ago) @ Coaxkez
edited by Kermit, Saturday, May 14, 2022, 16:41

Saw this in r/halo today and realized that you’ve also nuked your entire channel. I wish you well in the next chapter of your life, whatever form that may take, but what is the deal with this latest development? Why the melodrama? Is it really necessary to be this vague? At this point, I’m genuinely worried about your state of mind. Like, are you crying out for help? Is everything okay?

He does say "it's all good" in the description. The admins on the Marty Army discord say that there's no health issue involved. I won't defend every action he's ever taken or every post he's made. (I can't do that for myself.) The classical liberal in me respects and will defend his right to say what he thinks--I don't have to agree with it. Maybe he's decided it's not worth his time dealing with zealots who hate his guts because of what they think they know about him--the people who enjoy the attention they get when they use him as a prop for their online performances. They have no interest in having an honest, good faith exchange with him where something could be learned or taught. If that is what this is about, I can't blame him.

Go make some music, Marty. It is your calling. The toxic cesspool that is most of the internet doesn't deserve the blessing of your talent, and is keeping many from being their best selves--maybe even you. The world is not Twitter or Facebook or YouTube--it is family, meals with friends, art that lifts you up to something greater, and looking into the eyes of people and loving them. Enjoy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread