Initial Reactions to Season of the Haunted: Mild Spoilers (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 15:04 (701 days ago) @ Malagate

-YAY: Relieved that we don't seem to be getting a Leviathan Raid remaster.

Their use of the Leviathan is brilliant here. Turning it into a miniature Patrol zone is genuinely cool. Being able to run the familiar halls with a new twist is extremely neat. It's also twisting the knife a bit, as I miss that raid, and content vaulting still fucking blows. They truly should have just made Destiny 3. At least the content still would have existed that way.

I've only played Hunter so far, but Solar 3.0 seems cool. Definitely need to play around with builds, which leads to the frustrating part. Building armor sets is so fucking tedious, especially with power level being attached to it. I didn't play much of last season, I'm at 1532. All my stuff is set up for Void, so I either need to collect more armor and level it up, or I need to convert some pieces to Solar affinity to make shit work.

Speaking of power level, when are they gonna ditch this shit? The new activity is 1580, but the tool tip says you will straight up just be brought up to power to play it. So why the hell does it even exist? To be clear, this is a good thing, as without it doing that, I'd be looking at who knows how long just grinding power to get it, and I absolutely would have just uninstalled the game again instead. Just ditch it already, everything they've been doing is moving that direction anyway. I'm tired of the constantly moving target.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread