Initial Reactions to Season of the Haunted: Mild Spoilers (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 12:48 (673 days ago) @ Malagate

Yeah. I think I might be able to write down something quick. Might be a fine exercise.

First Glance Impressions.

[image]
[image]
[image]

But then... well...

I don't know if it's the "growing pains" of such reductions to ability up times or even removal to certain capacities in the abilities we still have. That weren't completely removed. I don't know if it's because, suddenly, we veterans find a shock to our systems in where we could run, now we're crawling again. What is this? What does it taste like? OW!...oh that's my hand. I guess I shouldn't bite that, but I suppose I'll cry for two hours anyway till I shit myself to sleep. And then cry some more because of it.

What I do know is I feel as I did with Void 3.0. I feel it even more now with Solar 3.0. The (debatably) homogenized trees leading to an ironic bluntness. Where there should be MORE identity, it feels to be less. Less nuance. ...even as on the surface of it all such a feeling makes no sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yesterday, I gave each class an hour or so. More or less. Warlock (my main) probably more. Titan probably less. All PvE. So then, with plenty of time still to change whatever perceptions I may write here...

Warlock

Disclaimer: I've never really cared for Solar Warlock in D2. I dislike the offensive super as it exists, as it's never felt "super" in its presentation to me. I found it to be boring in the beta, and it still is for me. Instead of throwing "flaming pigeon shit", I've always felt the offensive super should be more... Hawkgirl.

[image]

But Fire.

[image]

A flaming angel of the sky, sword in hand, swooping and dive-bombing like the hawks or falcons warlocks apparently are to espouse. Which, in turn makes it all the more gross how, in this solar subclass; flying, hovering, or floofing aggressively in the air feels more and more stupid and exposed the higher you go. Yeah, I've seen the folks in PvP use the kit to great effect, but it's often not from them flying about, and more because they turned the kit into a makeshift hunter dodge. And power to them! Something has to fight back the Jumpy Hunter Menace in PvP.

But in PvE? Such kit is just, man... "eh".

The only thing I've consistently liked in the solar subclass are the melee abilities. True for all, in fact.

So what do I think of Solar 3.0 Warlock? Both improved and worse at the same time.

The Good

The... hmmmm.

The Bad

Question

Where are the perks that let the warlock do cool stuff with solar weapons?

Hunter

The Good

The...hmmmm.

The Bad

Titan
That new melee is pretty sweet! ...

...<_<...

...and well that's all I got for now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread