You know this was not written by Bungie, right? (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, June 26, 2022, 12:29 (668 days ago) @ cheapLEY

25. Thus, unlike a more typical model in which companies earn income by retailing individual copies or downloads of games, Bungie generates revenue from Destiny 2 if and only if its players find the game experience so compelling and enjoyable that they want to buy additional content.

Is that seriously how Bungie sees Destiny? That's the most disengeneous horseshit I think I've ever seen. Destiny is "free" in the same way weed was "free" when I got to hang out and smoke a joint at my dealer's house in college when I was buying a half.

The filing needs to lay out damages and this is them showing how repetitional damage and chilling 3rd party creators causes monetary damage. They also need to lay out an argument against a counter claim that Bungie was not harmed because game downloads were not slowing down after Minor's acts.

Setting aside the specific dollar amount, do you really think this is not true? Bungie offers a certain amount free and the income comes from people being convinced that there is something new or additional to pay for. I can't imagine how you could argue it is anything else. (nor why Cody believes that the law firm Bungie hired was trying to sell the judge on the f2p model)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread