It Takes Two (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 11, 2022, 21:39 (563 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, September 11, 2022, 21:46

So I played through It Takes Two with cheapLEY, and I have to say, it was one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. This game is just incredible.

The game is a mandatory co-op game where you play as a married couple on the verge of divorce, who are transformed into dolls thanks to the magic of a book and a wish from their daughter to fall in love again. You essentially have to overcome challenges together to rediscover your love and passion for one another.

The game just has a ridiculous number of different ideas and mechanics, all of which are really fun and polished, yet different enough that the entire game is just constantly feeling fresh. You'll each have a different mechanic or thing you can do, which you have to coordinate with your partner's ability in order to work together. Some of the boss fights are just absolutely insane in a good way. Super fun, super compelling, and super creative. The Tool Box boss fight might just be one of the best bosses ever.

The game also has a great sense of humor. This game is really funny, often in a dark way. There's some stuff that's pretty messed up, like killing the vacuum cleaner boss by sucking his eyes out with his own hose, and the Elephant. The Elephant holy shit haha. Just experience it for yourself.

But the biggest thing was that the game felt magical. It was like the best Pixar movie that you could actually play. The levels and environment are filled with a genuine sense of wonder and awe. The snow globe level might be one of the best levels in any video game ever. The gorgeous graphics bring these incredible worlds to life, while at 60fps in split screen.

Find someone and play it. It's also ridiculously cool in that only one person needs to actually buy it, even if you play online!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread