Games as art. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 10:31 (563 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 10:35

The biggest thing I'll say is this. No, editing is not intrinsic to the art of film. It is a staple. A powerful art, but a staple, a commodity for which the demand for is constant, as the needs require. And the needs are far fewer here.
Show me a theatre production that can be so infinite? That can have you witness the true scale of a battlefield. The only thing else that can do this with ease is a videogame, which is why this MOVIE, and all it's efforts to be what it is, brings with it great artistic value. I mean, can't beat those graphics, m I rite? :P

You could conceivably coordinate a series of events to replicate this movie in real life. Pay theater actors to do what they did on a location, blow shit up, crash planes etc. Then you could walk through said production in exactly the same way as the camera traveled through it in the film. That would be prohibitive given money and safety, but it is possible theoretically.

And it would probably be MORE interesting doing it that way.

But what can't you do in the theater? Cut to a close up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread