Who cares? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:35 (525 days ago) @ Korny

That’s sort of tongue in cheek, but not completely.

The secret stuff has been cool, stretching all the way back to D1 with Black Spindle and Outbreak and whatever else I’m forgetting. Whisper was very cool, and it being a secret thing was part of that, certainly. But it was mostly just that the actual activity was cool and fun.

The Xenophage quest was just a twist on the Black Spindle mission, it just wasn’t secret. And it was still really awesome! It was a fun alternate encounter in that dungeon. ( Stabbim currently has that quest—wanna help run him through it?)

I’m not sure how you can ask where the cool stuff is when we just got Duality, which is maybe the single best activity ever put into Destiny. I’ll take one Duality over ten Sundial puzzles or whatever the fuck. Secrets are cool, and it’s a bummer on principle they don’t really exist in the game like they used to. But I don’t really care as long as the actual content we get is actually good. The seasonal things are very hit and miss, but they continue to knock it out of the park with the core content (Legendary WQ campaign, the raid, the dungeons). I’ll take that over some secret puzzle that I wouldn’t even actually participate in any day, and doubly so if we could get that quality in the three main playlists.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread