Exploration is my favorite thing about Genshin. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 11:06 (499 days ago) @ Korny

I still love Genshin Impact for its exploration and discovery. It’s just fun to move around the world and find things, even if it’s just an obvious chest hidden slightly behind a rock or something. And it seamlessly mixes up traversal puzzles, logic puzzles, time trials, and combat trials into that exploration such that they all feel rewarding, both in terms of just finding them and in completing them. The Primogems and materials you get for completions are great little dopamine hits, but often times the little challenges are reward enough for exploring—you just get another fun little thing to do! And the way they keep expanding it so that every new region has its own little mechanic to engage with. It’s something I really wish Destiny could figure out.

Man, Genshin Impact fucking rules. It’s so easy to look at it as some free to play mobile game bullshit, and I assumed that for a long time. But the more I play it, the more I think it is truly one of the most well-designed games on the market.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread