The DIM situation. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 12, 2022, 15:44 (472 days ago) @ Korny

-Man, DIM is kind of essential to enjoy Destiny now, isn't it? I was grinding my teeth without it today...

DIM is essential to my enjoyment of Destiny, there's no arguing that.

But the outrage over this weekend feels fucking ridiculous to me. Not from you, just from the community in general.

What's the solution. What game has a better solution? No loot game I know of lets you just carry unlimited gear. A vault equivalent becomes necessary at a certain point. Lots of games don't even let you transfer gear between characters, as those characters are essentially their own save files that don't interact with one another.

Warframe is the only game that handles it better in that your "characters" are just another piece of gear that you equip, so there is no worrying about moving gear around between them. But that game comes with the massive tradeoff of only being able to take one weapon in each slot into any given activity.

I've seen very little in the way of any real understanding of how good Destiny players have it than any other loot game I can think off because DIM exists at all, and I genuinely don't think it's something that will ever be solved within the game. It will always be a pain in the ass that, at the very least, requires a Tower run for the Vault. I'm not even sure it would be possible, but being able to transfer weapons between all of your characters while in the vault would be good, but what's that end up doing for load times and server calls? It already takes forever to just load my character selection menu from the server, now I have to do that every time I go to the Tower? No thanks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread