I’m sorry. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 21:00 (93 days ago)

Hey folks.

I’m making a big change in my life soon. It’s led to a lot of self reflection lately, and I’m not very fond of the person I’ve been for the past few years. I didn’t even realize it until very recently, but I’ve been in a dark place. I’ve no intention to lay my life bare here, but I’d like to say I’m sorry for bringing this place down so often over the last couple of years. I’ve held a lot of anger in my heart and I’ve been too eager to spread it. I think this place rules. It(and HBO before it) has been my home on the internet for two decades now. I get a little bummed seeing the lack of activity, and I’m sorry for my part in that, however large or small it may be. I can’t imagine the constant negativity was conducive to reversing the trend. I still consider some people from here who I’ve only ever interacted with online in various forms to be some of my closest friends, and I’m forever grateful for the day when I was and idiot teenager and stumbled upon HBO all that time ago.

In any case, I’m moving to Colorado in a few weeks. I have no job lined up, no planned place to stay. I’m going with my Jeep, the clothes on my back, and the cash in my pocket and I’m going to see what happens. A grand adventure! The consoles are packed away already (or sold in the case of the Xbox), and I don’t know when I’ll be able to plug one in again, so I’ll see you all around. I’ll still be around here, but video games are on hold for a while.

You all rule, and no matter how big or small the interaction, it’s meant a lot to me to be a part of this community, even when I made a real ass of my self.

I’ll catch you all around whenever it happens.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread