This post is Magic. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 21:24 (90 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"Time for a change", yep -heheh, know some of that jungle. No surprises here that the "just delete everything from the vault" guy is taking that advice on the road, eh?

I've managed to live much of my life with that attitude. Sometimes it served me well, other times, well . . not.

Shit gets big in a hurry (you know that), and if one isn't careful, you'll lose yourself... which can be done even if you don't know what that means.

Shit has been big for a while now, even if only quietly so. And there's not much left to lose. This is . . . I dunno, honestly. It's stupid, if you look at it objectively. Leaving a decent, stable job, close to a family that loves and supports me, to chase . . . something. Not someone anymore, for better or worse. I just know I can't sit still any longer. I could probably put in the effort to better myself here with a little security, but--it doesn't feel right, honestly. It's an inescapable call right now.

Now... because it's important, quite important in this case, I'm going to fill you in that the string is a journal. Or a blog. Or a shit ton of post-it notes, which can get messy in a hurry, but that also can be the point, so, hey, you do you. Write. It. Down. You are going for change by the roll of the dice, ya gotta make sure you don't crap yourself red when you think yourself on the black.

We seem to be on the same wavelength more often than not. I've never used a journal in my entire life, but I started recently. It's a fucking mess, honestly, and I hope I look back it some day and laugh, but it's helped. Getting the thoughts and self hatred out of my head is beneficial.

Oh! And have fun. Skin cancer, getting mauled by teeth, and shit on by birds... risk aside, that outside thing is kinda cool. I hear Colorado has a bunch of that. ...lol

That outside thing is wonderful. It's the only thing that's kept me resembling any sort of a rational human being for a long while now. Moving to a cabin in the woods isn't the proper answer, but proximity to mountains has a special quality that I can't escape dreaming about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread