This post is Magic. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, January 27, 2024, 07:30 (91 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks for being you, man, truly. That post warmed my heart.

I do appreciate the consideration. Following your heart is one thing, but contrary to romantic opinion, life is long and all too easy to fuck up. Still, it’s time for a change, and while things could always actually be worse, I’m not worried about my ability to put food in my stomach and find a place to sleep at night. I’m off in search of . . . I don’t know, actually, but surely there’s more to life than merely existing, and it seems like that’s kind of all I’ve been doing lately. Journey before destination and all that.

It's a shame. You're about 5 ...probably more with all the characters yet written and what not needs to happen... years ahead of one of my books. I've got an answer, BUT I CAN'T JUST TELL YOU! Life is more than words, dare tell, provided it even tells at all! Often it just kind of watches, or is blunt without the context. Befuddling. It can come across a real ass that way.

"Time for a change", yep -heheh, know some of that jungle. No surprises here that the "just delete everything from the vault" guy is taking that advice on the road, eh?

Well, how about a touch more INSANEdrive advice then. Heaven knows if it's topical, but it feels like the same, so I'm rollin' with it. ... It's fine and dandy you're up for throwing yourself out there AND being that worm on the hook in the hopes you'll know your self a fish... to know that swim in life, but... make sure you keep some string, yeah? Shit gets big in a hurry (you know that), and if one isn't careful, you'll lose yourself... which can be done even if you don't know what that means. You're you long before you know it, don't let folks trick ya into changing it, lest it's something you want to change. Cody is a fantastic example of this, in that... it's still Cody... but he's trying. He's work'n on it. It's lovely! Cody is very smart. It's been fun in that decade hence.

Now... because it's important, quite important in this case, I'm going to fill you in that the string is a journal. Or a blog. Or a shit ton of post-it notes, which can get messy in a hurry, but that also can be the point, so, hey, you do you. Write. It. Down. You are going for change by the roll of the dice, ya gotta make sure you don't crap yourself red when you think yourself on the black.

And what is "it"? OH MAN! THAT'S THE BEST PART! But also, the hardest. And its yours. Keep it. Secret and Safe. Write it down. And harder of all... don't look back. DON'T LOOK BACK!... until it's time. You'll know... 'cause what have I said man, time and time again here. You're the smartest of us all.

Oh! And have fun. Skin cancer, getting mauled by teeth, and shit on by birds... risk aside, that outside thing is kinda cool. I hear Colorado has a bunch of that. ...lol

But what do I know... I'm just a Warlock and his books, talking about Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread