Done done Dune (Off-Topic)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 08:44 (39 days ago) @ Claude Errera

They... sprayed water at you during Dune? Did the characters onscreen berate you afterwards?

They had mist sprayers on the back of the seat and big ones under the screen. Every time there was a lot of sand they sprayed mist, I guess to simulate sand? Didn't make sense. Then I'm watching the scene through fog.

The kids saw Top Gun Maverick at this theater. That kinda made sense. There were a few moments in the film where subtle seat movements added a little, like flying sequences. The sand worm riding was a straight up mechanical bull ride. You get no warning, so pray you don't have the straw in your drink near your face, or you're going to lose an eye. I guess if you were using the popcorn bucket for its intended purpose, it would save you from throwing popcorn everywhere.

My biggest complaint was that 99% wasn't subtle moment. It was hard jerks. Like somebody grabbing your chair and jerking it hard. They did it a ton during fight scenes. Totally distracting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread