RIP 343 Industries. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, October 06, 2024, 17:47 (17 days ago) @ cheapLEY

(though that likely means -once again- abandoning the storyline they were on).

What storyline is that again? Halo Infinite’s campaign was like 10 hours of absolutely nothing happening. Honestly, I don’t remember anything about it at this point it was so boring.

They introduced The Endless, an even bigger bad so bad that the last bad wasn’t nearly as bad by comparison… or so they say. In reality, we saw one, it spoke perfect English, disappeared for 99% of the game, then it showed up again and died to conventional weapons fire just fine. I assume it was trying to fire the Halo ring since it’s apparently immune to the blast for some reason?

And this is besides them abandoning the whole Cortana storyline, and the Didact storyline, and the Majestic storyline, and the Atriox storyline (though he’s still alive!), and whatever the Arbiter or Halsey were up to…

I dunno. The 343i experiment sure was a weird one with so many “almost there” games, but nothing ever getting anywhere before a hard course correction.
Even the TV series didn’t seem to stick to any one thing, from what I hear.

Well, here’s hoping this is the last time they reshuffle the story prompt deck.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread