RIP 343 Industries. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 07, 2024, 23:02 (16 days ago) @ Korny

Hello Halo Studios!

Pierre gives me quite a bit of hope, given his track record with MCC, and the proper rebrand really emphasizes how much they don't want the 343 "stink" to follow them forward (though that likely means -once again- abandoning the storyline they were on).

From the looks of it, a Halo 1 reimagining looks likely, though it could be argued that it’s just concepts made using Unreal. But I think given how a jump backward is doing wonders for The Coalition with Gears, this might be the best option for Halo Studios to flesh out their talent with familiar ground and assets (as they state in the video).

I don't know why, but with 343 I always had this feeling that they were trying too hard, that they cared too much about whether we liked them, and the weight of expectations was a burden they were afraid they couldn't lift. That bit of fear was understandable. It WAS a burden to take over one the most popular franchises in gaming history. With all due respect to friends who worked there, the presentations could come off as stagey, and the enthusiasm a little forced. Frankly, that same "one more time with feeling" vibe has made its way into Bungie vids, too.

For whatever reason, I didn't detect any of that in this. It seemed simple. Someone had an idea that excited them, and they acted on it. I don't know what they're doing, but I think they really want to do it. Here's hoping that makes all the difference, because it certainly can.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread