Cautious optimism. (Destiny)

by Coaxkez, Monday, October 07, 2024, 08:38 (16 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Coaxkez, Monday, October 07, 2024, 08:43

It looks great, but I'll wait to see how it plays before I get excited.

Infinite was already the "last chance" for Halo in my book, and it failed to deliver, so the franchise is dead to me. They're all out of chances. It's a cold re-start and nothing short of an absolutely stellar public beta can get me on-board with the series again, at least pre-release.

The re-brand belies an internal awareness of the 343 stink, which is certainly promising, but does not necessarily indicate any awareness of the reasons for the 343 stink, which is far more important.

Side note: I have gotten to the point that I cannot stand this fluffy self-congratulatory style of vidoc. The company talks a big game about how great the future looks, but fails to actually say anything of substance. It's just a big waste of everybody's time. How about you quit jerking yourselves off and come back when you have something substantive to tell us?

It feels almost like watching a cult indoctrination video and I actually get second-hand embarrassment if I have it on while someone else is in the room with me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread