Halo Killer (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Monday, February 24, 2014, 18:57 (3707 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I bought LoZ: Skyward Sword and I just couldn't get into it. I don't like the art style (totally a personal opinion, obviously), I didn't like how juvenile the beginning of the game seemed. It was different for me than in Ocarina of Time, where you start out as a youngling, but in OoT there was a great sense of mystery that engaged my imagination. This felt lacking in SS. Anyways, I tried to get into a few times and it just never stuck.

I felt that the art style really fit the game, and was really wonderful. Definitely different than I'm generally used to with Zelda games. The beginning of the game was extremely juvenile, but I think that was the point. In the grand timeline of it all, this is supposed to be the first Zelda.

The game is really masterful, and while the gameplay can be somewhat linear from going from one point to the next, the gameplay as a whole is really fun, gets challenging, and the story really goes places. I don't think I've cared as much about characters or things happening in the world since Majora's Mask.

Really all I can say is stick with it. I was sucked in completely by the time you get introduced to the world below.

Also, they really make getting the Hylian Shield a challenge. Just a heads up. And some of those boss battles, sheesh.

So, what am I missing? I got the impression online people liked it, maybe even more than Twilight Princess. Help me like it.

Different style and type of story than Twilight Princess, and while the world itself isn't as open, the entire journey is really wonderful. I think you'd like it a lot if you're a Zelda fan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread