PHENOMENAL TRAILER!!! (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, June 09, 2014, 20:42 (3619 days ago) @ uberfoop

As far as the PS exclusive stuff goes, i'm just as frustrated as everyone else here... Bungie REALLY needs to cease performing fellatio on Sony... it's getting old FAST.

Try finding a publisher willing to dump hundreds of millions of dollars into a project without cutting weird exclusivity deals with various parties.

Alternately, convince gamers at large to stop buying games with associated weird exclusivity deals.

Until then, Bungie is going to continue "performing fellatio" on whatever parties are willing to give Activision money. Yes, the world sucks.

I think this is more that Activision is just trying to milk whatever platform partner it can get. The silence from the MS camp about Destiny is deafening. Find an MS exec who's willing to say they'd be promoting Destiny if only they got a chance... because I haven't seen or heard that, and I don't believe it.

As a crossplatform title in the scifi FPS space, I doubt MS perceives Destiny as being anything other than a threat to Halo, from which they assuredly make more money per unit sold than they would on a nonexclusive, third party title.

Now, if Destiny starts outselling Halo by a handy margin over the next decade, we'll see whether the issue now is that Bungie is giving Sony fellatio, or if MS is giving Bungie the cold shoulder, because I'm betting it's not purely one or the other.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread