Here is why PlayStation is getting so much love. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 20:04 (3618 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As far as the PS exclusive stuff goes, i'm just as frustrated as everyone else here... Bungie REALLY needs to cease performing fellatio on Sony... it's getting old FAST.
- III

Did some digging into the net. Found this.

[image]

I guess taking over the world isn't as clean as we hoped it would be. This of course might not be the only reason, but I would be willing to consider this a very large cause.

PlayStation growing with Destiny, not the other way around. I thought it was all stuff (read: money) on Sony's part with Bungie responding and reciprocating, but this admittedly small statement indicates Bungie is calling a lot of these shots (in fact, it implies they're calling all the shots, but frankly that would be ridiculous, so I'll take it as meaning this is a two-way street). Of course, maybe whoever wrote that meant to put it the other way around, Destiny growing with PlayStation. Even so, this is quite the relationship they've cultivated, and I can only assume a lot of money (and other stuff) hangs in the balance. So that's Bungie, Activision, SCEA, and a bunch of fans, now, who have hitched their wagons to Destiny's star. I really hope for all our sakes it delivers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread