"Not like it's a broken promise" - Not so fast... (Destiny)

by GrimBrotherIII, Monday, July 07, 2014, 14:42 (3587 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Bungie never promised how long the beta was, what it would include, or when it would be. It's a perk, like you said yourself. The final game will be improved, and without a time limit. If the beta is anything like the alpha, you'll have seen all there is to see by day two anyway.

This is where i have to totally disagree. Almost everyone i heard from that played the alpha said that they were finding new areas/secrets/loot/dialogue all the way into the waning hours of gameplay, and the devs have continued to stress just how much more content we can expect in the Beta - pair that with the fact that (This is not aimed at you) normal people like probably all of us on these forums have these tricky things called lives that include things like jobs, spouses, and other responsibilities that prohibit us from spending every waking moment of 3 measly days playing the long-awaited Destiny Beta.

I agree that people shouldn't feel entitled, and i think it's silly that people are considering not even purchasing what is almost sure to be the best game of the year because of this - BUT - I think folks are TOTALLY justified in being pissed off and feeling like they have been slapped in the face by Bungie... I look at it like this: Imagine if you were childhood best friends with a current mega-star, and in your long-time early life friendship with with this person before they were famous, you were their primary source of unconditional love and support, driving them places, always front row, lending them money to get started etc. Now imagine that person finally hits it big, and realizes they don't need you anymore, and gives you the middle finger and tells you they have new friends now... that doesn't feel great does it? I'm pretty sure that's a close to accurate description of how a lot of long time XBOX playing Bungie fans are feeling right now, and you, as well as the entire company of Bungie needs to recognize and be more sensitive to that.

- III

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread