"Not like it's a broken promise" - Not so fast... (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 07, 2014, 18:44 (3587 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

BUT - I think folks are TOTALLY justified in being pissed off and feeling like they have been slapped in the face by Bungie... I look at it like this: Imagine if you were childhood best friends with a current mega-star, and in your long-time early life friendship with with this person before they were famous, you were their primary source of unconditional love and support, driving them places, always front row, lending them money to get started etc. Now imagine that person finally hits it big, and realizes they don't need you anymore, and gives you the middle finger and tells you they have new friends now... that doesn't feel great does it? I'm pretty sure that's a close to accurate description of how a lot of long time XBOX playing Bungie fans are feeling right now, and you, as well as the entire company of Bungie needs to recognize and be more sensitive to that.

Not even close.

The only reason Xbox users got front row was because they were the only ones the crazy, controlling, manager Microsoft let in the door.

Now they finally get a new manager, and the manager is telling Bungie to give the front seats to the PlayStation people that have been dying to see Bungie play for more than a decade.

Xbox users still get a seat - a really good seat - just not 'the best.' And if you put on a PlayStation hat instead of an Xbox hat, the new manager will still let you sit in the front row anyway!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread