I would be sad if this is true (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 06:01 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Someone said that Deej was on a Twitch stream with 2old2play, and when asked how many areas each planet had, he said there was one.

No:
European Deadzone?
Mumbai?
Old Chicago?
Twilight Gap?

If that's true… man I'm going to be so sad. I was just about to post how hype I am after the moon mission, but I guess I'll just wait and see on the 9th.

All and all though, the Beta was great and I had tens tons of fun. Going dark, and will see you all release day.

This is what I've been expecting. We've never seen the Director suggest multiple locations per planet. Cool concept art like that city, buried in snow, now seem to be replaced with stuff like the Mars city, buried in sand.

The only gameplay footage I've seen of the Reef shows a character walking in 3rd person, which aligns with the suspicions that it is a social space like the Tower. Could just be Bungie using some dev camera, though. But I'm not optimistic.

So,

Old Russia
The Moon
Mars
Venus

Doesn't seem like a lot, but we haven't had access to all that these spaces have to offer. I'm hoping Mars is a larger environment designed for roaming vehicles, but the open world design so far seems to focus on small environment pockets connected through narrow passages.

The information available for the first two "expansion packs" suggests to be that they won't be adding new worlds, just additional areas to the existing worlds.

Has anyone found out what the Vanguard icon next to the Crucible on the Director does? Raids?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread