Why 'only' having 4 planets doesn't bother me at all (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:55 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by RC, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:59

Replayability.

B.net is telling me I sunk 30 hours into my main Hunter character in the Beta. With all the limitations that had.

With another 3 areas to properly explore (I only had a hour and a half on the moon), another 12 character levels to unlock, another subclass, and two other classes (I only played with each for maybe 90 minutes) to explore, and deeper customisation with the Legendary and Exotic weapons and armour; I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time in Destiny.

It says I also played 48 matches of multiplayer - which seems a lot compared to any other MP games I've played. I felt like I was only just starting to get the hang of it on the last night. Despite some frustrations in the middle of last week, I kept seeing new ways to play right up to the close.

Plus, what looks like space for a 3rd subclass at some point, 2 expansions in the first year, promise of more active management of both PvP AND PvE...

Well worth it.

Of course you can always want MOAR but I really, really, really want it to come out NOW.

My only concern is that the story missions won't do the gameplay mechanics justice. Hopefully they turn up the dials later on in the story mode.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread