That info is wrong. There's more levels than that. (Destiny)

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 19:32 (3570 days ago) @ BeingU

Read the comments below the post. He didn't parse the database properly. He's counting each difficulty setting of each Strike as a separate Strike. The original information is current as of the database on 6/30/14, and is correctly parsed. I'm hoping it's is wildly inaccurate, but I'm reigning in my hype for September. That being said, I enjoyed the hell out of Old Russia for a little over 12 hours and never complained. So, I imagine we'll all be just fine with the full game, it's just not nearly as large as I was expecting.

It also helps if you take the perspective of Destiny being a FPS, not a MMO. Bungie has been very careful to not refer to Destiny as a MMO. Now we see why. As a FPS, this is a beautiful, beautiful game. As an MMO, it's small. This, of course, is based on what we know from the Alpha and the Beta.

Prior to this knowledge, I was still having a blast with the Beta. Knowing it's smaller than I thought doesn't make it less fun, it just requires me to reset my expectations. Which, admittedly, is difficult to do.

Hype is reigned in (probably brought to 'non-Bunge fanboy' levels really) but I'm still looking forward to September in a big way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread