Thoughts From Someone Who Wasn't That Excited (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:10 (3570 days ago) @ Jillybean

This brings up something else for me - there is no sense of the end of the world in Destiny - there's no seedy club, there's no alcohol, there's no substance abuse, no sex. It is beautiful and sanitised and my warlock's the only one dancing on a table.

The Tower is full of a bunch of squares if you ask me. A bunch of pervy, stalker-ish, immature squares. Undoubtedly, the real super decadent stuff would be down in the city proper, or better yet, in the cities that aren't so safe on Earth or out at the Reef. With the Vanguard, the Speaker, and all of the Tower's supporting staff and merchants trying to be motivating as hell, I wouldn't have suspected there would be too much raunchy activity going on in these public spaces. Perhaps behind closed doors, especially with the factions, but not out where everyone could see everything. This is only a teen-rated game, mind you, so it's not too surprising that we get the mere basics of human life like food, guns, and money so far.

But yeah, I would definitely like to see the seedy underworld of this civilization. Apart from the stupid little boys trying to hump your face while you're sitting, the Tower and it's inhabitants, both living and otherwise, are too clean, yeah. Mass Effect pulled this off brilliantly with Club Afterlife and most of them didn't even know the world was soon to come to an end just as the civilian populace in Destiny wouldn't either. At least give us something like that cheapass knock-off Purgatory.

I think I might be playing the wrong game. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread