Big maps need to be smaller or have more players (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Monday, July 28, 2014, 21:31 (3562 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the smaller maps, especially something like the Twilight Gap, will pretty easily fulfill that wish to be constantly engaged, but I was quite happy with the pace of enemy contact with the four we got to play.

I agree, the change of pace that First Light offered was great - it stops all the maps playing to similarly.
Also, that map actually provides people with a large range of options; people could range out looking for sweet sniping spots or they could flick between interior spaces for the CQC or they could hit up the vehicles if they wished. I'll also point out that you were always able to simply pull out your sparrow if you were stuck out in a quiet spot on that map.

On a side note, Bungie have already said they are adjusting the Interceptors on that map and are actually removing them from base spawns and only having one on a delayed spawn in neutral territory. I think the map often gets knocked a bit for being vehicle heavy and that the interceptors basically decide the match - hopefully these changes will address that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread