Big maps need to be smaller or have more players (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 00:12 (3562 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Grizzlei, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 00:17

I disagree. It wasn't thirty seconds at any control point that I'd have to face down an enemy. Usually it was even less than that. Were there moments that someone wasn't shooting at me? Sure. But given how lethal everyone is in Destiny that's a very good thing. The more people you add the great chance you have of just getting pinned down and killed over and over. A little moment of space here and there is good as it allows you to mount an attack or set up a defense without dying every few seconds. Given that everybody can potentially have a sniper rifle I think it's a very very good thing that I'm not constantly staring down the barrel of a gun.

That's a great point, and I would agree otherwise, but I think our disagreement on this comes more from our prefered intensity. As you mentioned, you enjoy a short lull in the action to develop a strategy and maneuver yourself into position. I enjoy a hectic, always dynamic scenario that never lets up from start to finish. One might think that what I enjoy would be preferable to a small close-quarters map like you said. However, I'm excited more by constant large-scale encounters that involve everyone both in close proximity to each other and over a dispersed area.

I think eight players per team would allow both your ideal scenario and mine to flourish simultaneously with an average six players fighting on foot with at least two in a vehicle at any one time or not engaged.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread