Post-Beta thoughts: how Destiny can reach its full potential (Destiny)

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:24 (3562 days ago) @ kapowaz
edited by Kalamari, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:29

I think they have indeed jumped the gun. Beta-wise, Destiny seems like a single player game trying to be social rather than being social from the ground up. I understand how proximity voice may not be ideal in some situations (such as the tower), but it would actually be quite cool in explore mode. Surely, some won't like it, so give them to option to turn it off.

I understand why Bungie has gone the direction of less chat interaction due to online jerks and such, but a lot of players enjoy chat despite these jerks. Why can't they give players the option to choose rather than force something only a segment of the population enjoys, it would be so easy. Of course, I say this with no regard to technical limitations or resource sacrifices required for these options, but limited chat just seems like a step backward in terms of video game innovation.

I never thought that games of the future would not feature options that seemed standard 4 years ago. (I say this in regards to lack of full party chat in multiplayer modes)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread