I thought I was being petty but... (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 01, 2014, 22:00 (3553 days ago) @ Doooskey

I see that another Warlock felt short changed by the lame arm band class item that the warlocks get. I worked just as hard in the iron banner as my hunter friends, but when I bought the legendary class item, I had a small, slightly shiny (read: made of aluminum foil) arm band you could barely see, while they had awesome flowing capes with wolves on them...

Hopefully, Deej isn't over selling us when he responded to this question:

Mr Wonderful Will the Warlocks still have the visually limited "bond" items? The Warlock is my favorite class to play, but I'm strongly considering playing as a Titan just to have the cooler class items.

The Warlock is anything but subdued. It’s easily the most eccentric class in Destiny, which is why Urk and I chose the order. We have swagger. We don’t need to wear a cape like the Hunter to get noticed. We have better ways to get attention than to pound the ground with our fists like the Titan.

If you crave flashier items for your inventory, wait ’til you see what we have in store for you in the final game. Would you say the Bond was limited if your arm was bathed in light? I’d tell you more, but I’ve already said too much. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

I feel a little bit petty for caring so much about the vanity item of my class, but man, when the two hunters in my fireteam wore their legendary capes around the tower... They looked badass and got tons of attention, questions and friend requests. Not a single person even noticed my warlock sporting the legendary armband (also this is probably why they call it a bond, there is nothing legendary about the word armband, but let's be honest, it is what it is). In fact, me and my friends made up a game called, "can you identify the legendary gear on my guardian?" Truth be told, they could not. I had to tell them, "look for the shiny armband"

No - I hear ya. While I'm not one for vanity, from my design standpoint the bands are pretty "meh" in the scheme of things. Even the holo-level 20s look pretty "meh" to me. While they are likely only a few of the total, I figure the only other way to make it look fancy is something with an emissive, or the the arm band gives added effects of raw power - like you see in Reach. That's two of my ideas at least (if I could mod it *sigh*).

( WINK FREEKING WINK BUNGIE )/subtle

At this point - if you want a fancy cloth effect its going to have to be all about the trench coat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread