“You were oblivious to the magical bits beneath the hood” (Destiny)

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, August 04, 2014, 09:00 (3559 days ago) @ kapowaz

But the impression I'm getting is that people aren't interested in hearing about criticism of Bungie's style of community interaction, so I shall leave the subject alone in future.

I think part of what you're bumping into here is a difference in expectations. How many game studios do you know that have the kind of open communication with their communities that we get from Bungie? I've gone into Destiny not expecting to hear anything at all about the game pre-launch. And yet, Bungie has kicked their doors open just enough so that we can all peek inside and start to get a sense of what this new franchise is all about. It's not something they have to do. Most studios don't. That's a fact I'm willing to accept when I invest in a new franchise. That Bungie interacts with its community at all is, in my opinion, merely icing on the cake. So, I'm fine with it if they want to play coy with most of the details (back to that whole 'joy in the discovery' argument again). Since I don't expect anything from them, anything I get is a gift. I suspect I'm not alone in this. Maybe you can see why, then, from my perspective, you come off as entitled and unnecessarily argumentative, even if that's not what you're trying to convey.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread