Urk... (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, August 15, 2014, 07:35 (3550 days ago) @ DaDerga

I know he's basically doing PR, so I can forgive his line of "reasoning" here, but I hope he knows that it's a myopic way to judge the quality of the game.

Common sense would suggest so , hopefully that won't be proven false.

I'm trying to remember back to the Reach beta, but IIRC, we didn't have all of the Armor Abilities available off the break, did we? In H3's beta, equipment was a big deal so we ran the gamut with that, but it seems to me that Destiny in comparison was not in equal proportion with the amount of content up for show during the beta.

I think we have a much different experience waiting for us when all supers and their various upgrades are added into the mix. Also, in a number of ways I think Destiny's aesthetic is streamlined compared to all the particulate and debris swirling around that you get in other modern FPS titles.

Not hard to see why the general reaction might be that PvP is somehow lacking, or simplistic when laid next to AAA peers, but again, we haven't seen all there is on offer.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread